DIAGMASS : Diagnosis method, by mass spectrometry, in sera, for invasive fungal diseases.
The Invasive Fungal Infections (IFI) are associated with higher mortality in hospitals.
These infectious diseases are severe.
Early and appropriate treatment is crucial for improving prognosis.
Currently, the diagnosis of IFI is difficult to establish: conventional microbiological methods or biochemical analysis are time-consuming, not very sensitive and nonspecific.
A "One Step" purification coupled to an analysis by mass spectrometry (MALDI TOF ) of human serum allows rapid, specific and highly sensitive detection of circulating fungal molecules (glycans).
This method promotes early accurate diagnosis and favors an effective antifungal therapy, essential for patient survival.
- Detection in a single step of circulating fungal molecules (glycans).
- Easy to implement: in sera
- Quick results
- Reproducible, robust, and industrializable method
- Invasive candidiasis : sensibility 83%, specificity 69%
- Invasive aspergillosis : sensibility 93%, specificity 76%
- Inexpensive method in terms of reagents
- Simple and reliable protocol
SheetDownload the offer