CINFLAM : New CB2 agonists for the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases treatment—Development of an active drug-candidate per os
CB2 receptor is highly expressed in immune system and intestinal epithelium cells.
This receptor plays an important role in inflammation.
Studies have shown that a particular selective CB2 receptor agonist reduces colon inflammation in models of colitis induced by mustard oil or by dextran sulfate sodium (DSS).
Many pharmaceutical companies consider the CB2 receptor as a therapeutic target of interest for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory activities
- Enhanced affinity versus competitors compounds
- Better efficiency than the referent molecules
- No cytotoxicity in vitro
- Efficiency of per os treatment in vivo
- Topic treatment (does not pass into the bloodstream)
SheetDownload the offer