FLUXMETRE: Cylindrical Heat Flux Sensor
The developed device is composed of a cylindrical active sensor allowing a thermal solicitation of the studied material.
This heat flux device is based on the thermo-electrical principles in order to control and measure the thermal flux provided to the material.
Thermocouples are disposed all along the device which allows a temperature measurement in different areas
This device take into consideration the contact resistance in order to improve the precision compared to traditional hot wire measurement
- A single measurement allows to get different thermal characteristics such as thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity and thermal effusivity
- The range of thermal conductivity is large; from 0,25 to 200 W/m.K
- Sensitivity (μV/W/m2) is better than flat heat flux sensor
- High versatility of the device which allows an active or passive measurement with or without thermal excitation
- Capability to measure continuously in order to monitor the thermal characteristics in a changing material (.e.g quantity of water in a granular material)
- Capability to measure thermal characteristic of different types of materials like liquid, solid (granular, porous…)
SheetDownload the offer